As more and more streaming platforms launch in Asia, some of the largest names in the industry have finally seen their first subscriber drop-off in a decade. Can this be simply attributed to the increased competition, or are these “declines” symptomatic of an over-saturated market that is likely to continue seeing more consumer churn?
In Asia, and particularly Southeast Asia, the video streaming sector is a long way from reaching maturity. According to a recent 2022 report by Media Partners Asia, the SEA region saw 2.5 million net new subscribers, taking total subscriptions to 43.5 million. Does this mean that streaming services still have lots of potential to grow in this region? Or is growth starting to slow down as more platforms enter the fray? And the bigger question remains: How much growth and profit can be generated from Asia alone?
Join us on 5 December 2023 at the OTT Summit in Singapore as we speak to some of the industry’s top leaders for their insights into these questions and more, as they gear up for greater growth and expansion for their businesses in 2023 and beyond.
• The challenges facing OTT in 2023 – regulatory, content investment, growth markets
• The economics of OTT – costs, content investments, revenue growth, margin
• Content choices – localisation, specialisation, niche vs mass services, sports
• The changing business models – subscription + advertising
• Aggregation of OTT services
• Advertising evolution – how to maximise the potential of OTT
• The device challenge – CTV in a mobile world
• Technological innovation – from efficient delivery systems to enhanced customer experiences
• OTT in 10 years’ time – what will it look like and will other industries have collided with it?